Toggle Contrast
Exit site

Safeguarding Concerns


If you require support from the Emergency Services call 999 for Police or Ambulance.


Children’s Advice & Support Service (CASS)

If you suspect or believe that a child is suffering or is likely to suffer significant harm or any form of mistreatment or abuse, you should report your concerns immediately to the Children’s Advice & Support Service (CASS).

Contact details

Telephone: 0121 303 1888

Monday – Thursday: 8:45am – 5:15pm
Friday: 8:45am – 4:15pm

Emergency out-of-hours

Telephone: 0121 675 4806

Need advice?

To help you decide whether to report a concern you should consult Birmingham’s multi-agency threshold document Right Help, Right Time and speak with your agency’s safeguarding representative.

Please be aware the Early Help Support Team can offer support to lead professionals/practitioners on completing an Early Help Assessment and advise on when a multi-agency ‘Our Family Plan’ can/should be used to achieve positive outcomes for families, they can be contacted on 0121 303 1888 or e-mailed at

If there is no immediate danger you will need to complete a Request for Support form as soon as possible.  This form is for professionals who have identified that children or families require either social work assessment or intensive family support.

This short and simple form uses a ‘Signs of Safety and Wellbeing’ approach to identify strengths, highlight concerns and suggest what may need to happen next. The form has been produced with partners, responding to feedback from practitioners and building on current practice, continuing to identify strengths and needs in a family.

Request for Support Form and Guidance

Additional Resources: